Course Code: EVSP502 Course ID: 2746 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course is a qualitative and quantitative study of the public and private economic costs and effects of environmental programs, industrialization, regulation, and international and national environmental policies, among other issues.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/21 - 09/03/21||09/06/21 - 10/31/21||Summer 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|05/21/21 - 10/29/21||11/01/21 - 12/26/21||Fall 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- LO-1 Evaluate the theoretical basis of environmental economics.
- LO 2 Examine key variables and theoretical frameworks that should be considered when incorporating economic interests into environmental policy and decision making.
- LO 3 Analyze the similarities and differences of specific environmental policies from culturally and geographically diverse areas of the world.
- LO 4 Assess current empirical evidence regarding environmental economic issues.
- LO 5 Analyze the economic impact of an environmental policy both spatially and temporally.
- LO 6 Evaluate the validity of current environmental policy as it relates to economic issues and drivers.
|Week 1 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.00 %|
|Article Reviews||51.00 %|
|Article Review 1||17.00 %|
|Article Review 2||17.00 %|
|Article Review 3||17.00 %|
|Final Analysis Paper||25.00 %|
|Final Paper||25.00 %|
Required Readings - See the Lessons for additional readings and weekly lecture notes
Daly, H.E. and Farley, J. (2004). Ecological economics: principles and applications. Washington, DC: Island Press. Available from http://www.netlibrary.com.ezproxy2.apus.edu/urlapi.asp?action=summary&v=1&bookid=118237
Please go to the Environmental Policy & Management | Program Guide: Home in the APUS Library for additional resources:
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||Markets and the Environment- ebook available through the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Island Press|
|Author:||Keohane, Nathaniel O. / Olmstead, Sheila M.|
Not current for future courses.