Course Code: ENTR615 Course ID: 4579 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course examines the legal and ethical issues small business owners face in the start-up and growth processes and equips them with the concepts needed to be successful. Students review decisions affecting business formation, including business entity selection and formation, employment law, intellectual property, taxation, government regulation, and contract law.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
- Differentiate between business formation options for small business owners.
- Determine the legal and ethical issues small businesses face with employment law.
- Solve financial issues small businesses encounter.
- Evaluate the regulatory obligations of contractual responsibilities applicable to entrepreneurs.
- Apply methods for determining appropriate application of intellectual property rights.
- Create your proposed small business planning process for legal purposes.
|Weekly Forums||30.00 %|
|Week One Forum||3.75 %|
|Week Three Forum||3.75 %|
|Week Four Forum||3.75 %|
|Week Five Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 6 EC Forum||3.00 %|
|Week Six Forum||3.75 %|
|Week Seven Forum||3.75 %|
|Week Eight Forum||3.75 %|
|Weekly Assignments||40.00 %|
|Assignment 1 â?? Choosing an Attorney||6.67 %|
|Assignment 2 â?? Business Structures||6.67 %|
|Assignment 3 â?? Whereâ??s the Money?||6.67 %|
|Assignment 4 â?? Employee Risks||6.67 %|
|Assignment 5 â?? Crimes and Torts||6.67 %|
|Assignment 7 â?? Intellectual Property||6.67 %|
|Summative Project||30.00 %|
|Assignment 8 â?? Summative||30.00 %|
|Book Title:||Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business- E-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Author:||Steingold, Fred S.|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
|Book Title:||Law for Entrepreneurs - e-book available online, link also available in the classroom|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.