Course Code: EDUC652 Course ID: 4176 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course explores how technology may be used as a tool to facilitate changes in the ways teachers teach and students learn, and ultimately to examine how teachers can use technology more efficiently and effectively to improve student achievement. The course also examines how educators can increase their productivity by using technology for communication and collaboration among colleagues, staff, parents, students, and the larger community. This course addresses the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers (NETS•T), developed by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE). (Prerequisite: EDUC503)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|09/28/20 - 02/26/21||03/01/21 - 04/25/21||Winter 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
• Create lessons that efficiently utilize technology to inspire and promote creativity, advance student learning and promote student reflection. (NETS•T 1, 2; NCATE 1, 2; WVPTS 1, 2, 3)
• Design and evaluate a technology enriched learning environment that incorporates digital-age tools that will address the diverse needs of students. (NETS•T 1, 2; NCATE 1, 2, 4; WVPTS 1, 2, 3, 4)
• Describe how the use of technology and assessments in the classroom will be representative of the tools necessary for students to be successful in a global and digital society. (NETS•T 2, 3; NCATE 1, 2, 3, 4; WVPTS 1, 2, 3)
• Investigate, evaluate and effectively utilize current and emerging digital tools to support learning in a legal, ethical and safe environment. (NETS•T 3, 4; NCATE 1, 2, 4; WVPTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
• Describe and evaluate your own professional development to help engage students and colleagues in a technologically rich community that is reflective of current research and professional practice. (NETS•T 4, 5; NCATE 1, 2, 3; WVPTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
There are two textbooks required for this course and you will need to access the ISTE standards online:
Lever-Duffy, J & McDonald, J. B. (2015). Teaching and learning with technology, Enhanced
Pearson eText with loose-leaf version -- Access card package. (5th ed.). NY: Pearson.
Wiske, M.S., Franz, K.R., & Breit, L. (2005). Teaching for understanding with technology. San
Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.
Website: ISTE http://www.iste.org/standards/standards-for-teachers
|Book Title:||Teaching for Understanding With Technology - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Jossey-Bass, Inc.|
|Author:||Wiske, Martha Stone / Breit, Lisa|
|Book Title:||Teaching and Learning with Technology, 6th Edition|
|Author:||Judy Lever-Duffy, Jean McDonald|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$54.99|
Not current for future courses.