Please join the forums each week. Students must post a reply to both weekly forums and reply to at least 2 other students for each Forum. This means that each week you should have 2 initial posts and 4 responsive posts. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
- Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
- Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
- Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
- Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
- Replies to classmates should be no less than 150 words.
- Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
- All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Campus Profile (Field Experience Activity: Approximately 4 hours. Please log on Field Experience form received in EDUC509)
Create a campus profile that contains demographic and assessment data, and campus planning information. This profile should include the vision statement, school goals, and the data that connects to each goal.
How do each of the four organizational climate constructs relate to school effectiveness? Analyze these in relation to your school or school district. Use additional research and resources to support your findings. Please consult the Cultural Constructs Grading Rubric for further explanation of this assignment.
Apply theories of motivation to a specific school scenario provided by your instructor. Please review the Theoretical Application Grading Rubric for further explanation of this assignment.
Public Relations Plan
Create a public relations plan for your campus. This plan should be created in the form of a professional development presentation or activity that will be presented to the campus leadership team by the school principal. You will want to include positive practices focused on improved communication and positive community relationships. Please review the Public Relations Plan Presentation Grading Rubric for further explanation of this assignment.
Community Social Media Site and Reflective Essay
Create a social media gathering site where members of the community can go to discuss current community needs, or where community members can access information regarding needs within the community in order to respond. Advertise the site and provide the instructor with access. Also, write a reflection on the social networking activity. How can this social media platform be used to mobilize community resources? This assignment will be graded based on candidate leadership within the social media site and on the reflection of the activity. Your reflection does not require professional resources and should be based on your experiences, and can therefore be written in first person. However, you must provide specific examples to support your thoughts. You may wish to review Reflective Writing for additional guidance in this assignment. Please review the Community Social Media Site and Reflective Essay Grading Rubric for further explanation of this assignment.
Action Plan for Building Community Partnerships
Create an action plan for incorporating social media, traditional activities, and creative ideas in building community partnerships. Prepare a presentation (type of your choice) to share your plan with the campus planning committee and/or school board.
Respond to the case study provided by your instructor. You are to support your response with specific information learned in this course in regard to the decision-making process and building a positive learning culture. Please follow the format provided in Writing a Case Study Response: Queensland University.
- Introduction (3-5 paragraphs minimum): Introduce the main purpose of the case study and briefly outline the overall problem to be solved.
- Description (3-5 Paragraphs): Do not copy the case here. Write a brief description of the case under discussion giving an outline of the main issues involved. Always assume that your reader knows nothing of the assignment task and provide enough information to give a context for your discussion of the issues.
- Discussion (2 page minimum): Discuss the issues raised one by one, using information gained from your research of the academic literature. Your discussion may include: an outline of the issue and its implications for or relationship to different stakeholders how that issue links to theories or research in the academic literature suggested solutions or ideas evaluation of the solutions or ideas for this particular case. All resources must be current literature, which is within the last 5 years. This must be written in a formal paper format. No charts or graphs.
- Conclusion / Recommendations (2 page minimum): Finally, sum up the conclusions that you have come to and give recommendations to resolve the case. Give reasons for your recommendations. Support your recommendations with current research and literature. Current is within the last 5 years.
Checklist for a case study response. Ask yourself "have I:"
- Carefully read the case and noted the main issues and stakeholders in the case?
- Written a brief description of the case to give your readers a context for the main issues?
- Discussed each issue with reference to the academic literature?
- Evaluated the solutions or ideas for each issue to find the ones most suitable?
- Made final recommendations of how to resolve the case?
- Used a well-structured introduction, body and conclusion?
- Cited and referenced all of the work by other people?
- Used correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, clear presentation and appropriate reference style?
Case Study Grading Rubric