Please join the forums each week. Students must post a reply to both weekly forums and reply to at least 2 other students for each Forum. This means that each week you should have 2 initial posts and 4 responsive posts. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
- Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Wednesday.
- Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
- Initial responses are to be original in and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
- Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
- Replies to classmates should be no less than 150 words.
- Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
- All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Throughout the semester you will write responses to questions. These responses will involve analyses of readings, comparing and contrasting the views of various learning theorists, and critique of arguments presented by the readings or the class. Papers will be graded for accuracy of interpretation, rigor of argument, and clarity of expression. Papers should be 2 – 4 pages in length unless otherwise noted. (CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4, CO5)
Campus Planning Project
Complete the Campus Planning Project. You will identify a content area to assess, and create a curriculum plan for improvement based on the needs assessment. The school to be analyzed is Travis Middle School-Irving ISD . You can use any of the documents on this site and any other public information provided by the school. This school was selected at random and all information access is a matter of public record.
For this task, review documentation provided for the school to be analyzed in which you:
A. Identify the subject area most in need.
1. Create an analysis of your findings by including data for your subject area.
2. Create a minimum of one curricular goal for the area you identify as most in need.
a. Create a minimum of three curricular objectives to assist in meeting the curricular goal.
3. Create a minimum of one instructional goal for the area you identify as most in need.
a. Create a minimum of three instructional objectives to assist you in meeting the instructional goal.
B. Create one lesson or unit with a complete lesson plan addressing one of the instructional objectives in which you include assessment, evaluation, and creation of new strategies for increased student achievement.
C. Provide a comprehensive reflection on this project by synthesizing what you learned about the theoretical dimensions of curriculum and curriculum development to personalize and sustain student learning.
1. Analyze how building leadership capacity of school staff and technology are important for student learning.