- Degrees & Programs
- Student Success
- Student Activities
- Career Services
Course Code: DEFM422 Course ID: 4640 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course involves a series of case studies where students demonstrate their ability to develop and execute business strategies to meet customer requirements. These cases help develop critical thinking, customer needs analysis, procurement strategy development, and source selection skills necessary for successful contract performance.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|04/27/20 - 10/02/20||10/05/20 - 11/29/20||Fall 2020 Session B||8 Week session|
|07/27/20 - 01/01/21||01/04/21 - 02/28/21||Winter 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (LO):
1. Explain alternate strategies to meet mission needs.
2. Explain how to promote customer satisfaction.
3. Explain appropriate laws, regulations, and policies for a routine procurement.
4. Explain appropriate laws, regulations, and policies for a complicated or difficult procurement.
5. Explain formal source selection procedures.
6. Explain the workings of a competitive discussion.
7. Explain how to execute an appropriate contract arrangement.
8. Explain the ethics issues needed to support customer needs.
Please see the Student Handbook to reference the University’s grading scale.
|Wk 1 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 2 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 3 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 4 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 5 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 6 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 7 Forum||4.44 %|
|Wk 8 Forum||4.44 %|
|Paper Assignments||60.00 %|
|Assignment 1: Week 2: Paper 1||12.00 %|
|Assignment 2: Week 4||12.00 %|
|Assignment 3: Week 5||12.00 %|
|Assignment 4: Week 6||60.00 %|
|Assignment 5: Week 7||12.00 %|
|Assignment 6: Week 8:||12.00 %|
Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) located at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
Universal Commercial Code (UCC) located at http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc
In the Course Materials folder there are PowerPoint presentations, leadership articles, and up to date APA handouts.
Netlibrary—you can read directly online. Note, printing is one page at a time and, depending on number of users at any one time, you may be locked out. http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=http://www.netlibrary.com/urlapi.asp?action=summary&v=1&bookid=224414
|Book Title:||Contract Management Body of Knowledge, 6th Edition|
Not current for future courses.