Course Code: CHFD215 Course ID: 3744 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course addresses the research and theory of child development from conception through the end of childhood. Topics include the child’s emotional, perceptual, and intellectual development, with attention to the social, cultural, and biological context in which children develop. Practical applications of theory and research will be emphasized.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|10/26/20 - 04/02/21||04/05/21 - 05/30/21||Spring 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/30/20 - 04/30/21||05/03/21 - 06/27/21||Spring 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/28/20 - 06/04/21||06/07/21 - 08/01/21||Spring 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/21 - 07/02/21||07/05/21 - 08/29/21||Summer 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/21 - 07/30/21||08/02/21 - 09/26/21||Summer 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
Upon completion of this course, the student will have demonstrated an ability to apply knowledge of the following:
- Identify major child development theories and issues.
- Examine research methods relevant to child psychology.
- Identify the major growth and development issues associated with the early life stages.
- Explore the biological, social/cultural, cognitive and emotional development of the child.
- Identify the contributions of major theorists to the study of child development.
- Engage in critical thinking regarding child development issues.
|Forum 1||6.25 %|
|Forum 2||6.25 %|
|Forum 3||6.25 %|
|Forum 4||6.25 %|
|Forum 5||6.25 %|
|Forum 6||6.25 %|
|Forum 7||6.25 %|
|Forum 8||6.25 %|
|Final Project||30.00 %|
|Week 2 Quiz R||0.00 %|
|Week 4 Quiz R||5.00 %|
|Week 5 Quiz R||5.00 %|
|Week 3 Quiz R||5.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.