Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department University and AMU support success through education.
Helping you reach your goals is our shared priority.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department University (LASDU) and American Military University (AMU) have partnered together to provide educational opportunities to LASDU's law enforcement community through in-service training solutions and online learning.
AMU provides you with an affordable, career-relevant education that helps meet your professional development goals.
- 5% tuition grant.
- Book grant: textbooks and/or ebooks are provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit.
Note: Grants cannot be applied retroactively.
- Business Administration: BBA, MBA
- Criminal Justice: B.A., B.S., M.A., Certificate
- Cybercrime Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Executive Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Homeland Security: B.A., M.A., Certificate
- Intelligence Studies: B.A., M.A.
- Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Emergency & Disaster Management: B.A., M.A., Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Emergency & Disaster Management and Homeland Security: Dual Master's Degree
How to Qualify for Benefits
Future students: Select LASD University as your membership or affiliation when you complete our admissions application.
Current students: Confirm that the LASD University is listed under the Membership/Association category in your university records. Learn how.IT'S EASY TO APPLY. GET STARTED NOW.
Your Cost (with partner benefits)
Per Credit Hour:
- Undergraduate: $256.50
- Graduate: $332.50
- Military Undergraduate: $250*
- Military Graduate: $325*
*We offer our military-affiliated students a tuition grant that caps undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (military TA limit) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour. This grant is for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
Our Strategic Relations Admissions team is here to answer all educational partnership questions.
For more information, contact a member of our law enforcement team, a group of professionals with decades of collective, hands-on experience in police work, criminal justice, national security, and corrections.
Dennis Porter serves as the Senior Education Coordinator, Western Region for our Public Safety and Strategic Relationships Team.
Law Enforcement Team
- Tim Hardiman, Director
- Dave Malone, Manager
- John Currie, Education Coordinator, Southern Region
- James Deater, Education Coordinator, Atlantic Region
- Debbie Setzer, Education Coordinator, Special Projects
- Rob Stallworth, Education Coordinator, Corrections/Gang Investigations
Watch and Learn More
Flexible Online Education