Transfer with Prior Loans
Students may not be eligible for partial or full amounts of Federal Loans if they have attended other post-secondary institutions within the last 30 weeks and if they have received or applied for Federal Student Loans to attend other post-secondary institutions.
Transfer students also may have an issue with loan periods that overlap between the two schools which may result in their financial aid package not covering the tuition bill.
- To resolve such issues, you may need to provide information from the other school or may need to push your start date back until the overlapping loan issue is resolved
In school deferments for prior loans:
- In order to receive an in-school deferment, you must be registered for classes within a defined academic year
- This allows us to accurately report your in-school enrollment status for deferment purposes
- The first step in this process is to complete the Federal Student Aid Intent Form to establish your academic year at APUS
- This is required even if you do not plan to use Federal Student Aid as your payment type to cover APUS tuition and fee expenses
Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail