Direct Loan Program
- We offer 3 types of Federal Loans:
- Subsidized: Government pays interest while you are in school
- Unsubsidized: Borrower pays all interest
- PLUS: for parents and grad students
- See our Loan Programs page for amounts, and interest rates
- You must meet the general eligibility requirements for Federal Student Aid
- Already have loans through a Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) lender?
- You may receive billings from both your FFELP servicer and the Direct Loan servicer if you have multiple loans
- You are encouraged to research consolidation options with the Department of Education so that you have a single bill for all loans received
- All grace period, deferment, and forbearance eligibility criteria are the same as for the FFELP program
- The source of funds will now be the federal government vs. a bank and servicing of repayments will be different than previous programs
- See below for special circumstances
- See the U.S. Department of Education for more details on the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program
- Special Circumstances
- Attending more than one university during a single academic period?
- Because the amount of aid you are eligible to receive may be affected by dual enrollment, please let the Financial Aid Office know if you plan on attending more than one school during an academic period so your aid can be calculated correctly
- The Financial Aid Office understands that an occasional circumstance may occur which affects a student’s ability to pay for school. Examples of such circumstances include the loss of employment, the death of a spouse or parent, or unusual medical expenses. If any of these occur during the academic year, students should contact the Financial Aid Application Team for assistance and have appropriate documentation available. The Financial Aid Application Team can be reached via email at FSAHelpDesk@apus.edu.
Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Code & School Location
School Code: 038193-00
Location: West Virgnia Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail