- Federal Pell Grants are gift aid and are not repaid
- The Pell Grant Program provides grants to undergraduate students who have:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Met the other eligibility requirements for Federal Student Aid
- Have not received a bachelor’s or other professional degree in the past, with the exception of those pursuing post baccalaureate certificates in Education
- New federal regulations define certain conditions where Pell Grant eligible students with loan credit balances can obtain their required course materials by the seventh day of their course. This new regulation affects students enrolled in Information Technology courses with software requirements. APUS will notify qualified students and provide them the resources to obtain their required course materials.
- As of the 2011-2012 award year (July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012), students are no longer eligible to receive up to two consecutive Pell Grant awards during a single award year to accelerate the student’s program toward a degree.
- Effective July 1, 2012, students can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent.
- Federal Pell Grant amounts for the 2012-2013 award year (July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013) range from $555 to $5,550
- Federal Pell Grant amounts for the 2013-2014 award year (July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014) range from $564 to $5,645
- See the U.S. Department of Education’s explanation of Pell Grants for more information
Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Code & School Location
School Code: 038193-00
Location: West Virgnia Need Help with Financial / Tuition Assistance?
- Watch brief videos
with answers to many of your financial assistance questions on Financial Aid TV
- Attend an online Financial Aid Orientation session with the experts
- For additional assistance, contact our Financial Aid Help Desk: 877-372-3535 | Send an e-mail