Nursing Honor Society
The purpose of this organization is to recognize superior achievement, development of leadership qualities, encourage creative work, foster high professional standards, and strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the nursing profession.
The Nursing Honor Society is a stand-alone honor society and is not affiliated with a national or international honor society.
Membership & Fees
Benefits include: Recognition for outstanding academic achievements, and networking opportunities for members in the nursing field.
Annual membership fee: $94.50.
If you are currently a member of the Nursing Honor Society, your group is active in ClearPath.
To access ClearPath, log into the student ecampus and click the ClearPath link in the top blue menu bar. Then click the Communities tab and Explore Communities to locate your organization’s member community.
If you are looking to utilize your leadership skills, check out the current open leadership positions with the Nursing Honor Society.
- Vice President
If you're interested in more information about these positions or would like to apply, email email@example.com.
The Nursing Honor Society has achieved BRONZE standing, per the university's Chapter Standards program. Bronze standing demonstrates a notable level of chapter involvement and denotes excellence in chapter leadership and member engagement.
Eligible students meeting the criteria below will receive an invitation during the months of March and September. If you believe you are eligible and do not receive an invitation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Active university student pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in nursing
- Complete at least six hours at the university
- Comply with the university policies on academic integrity
Additional Bachelor Membership Criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the undergraduate level
- Completed at least 15 semester hours of the core nursing curriculum
Additional Graduate Eligibility:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above at the graduate level
- Completed at least 12 semester hours of the core nursing curriculum
- Alumni of the university nursing program (nurse leaders) who demonstrate achievement in the nursing professional