Accredited Online University
When you decide to pursue a degree online, it is important that you make sure the school you are researching is accredited. Accreditation ensures that you earned your degree from a university that meets well established guidelines regarding academic quality. American Public University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
At our University, students are priority one. Our University is committed to providing quality education, superior student resources, and affordable tuition. In fact, while post-secondary tuition has risen sharply nationwide, the University continues to offer affordable tuition without sacrificing academic quality. Tuition and costs are always transparent with no hidden charges.
- #34 Ranking on US News "Best Online Bachelor’s Programs"
- 180+ online programs
- 93% of employers would hire one of our graduates again1
- 95% of seniors say they would choose us again2
- 94% of seniors would recommend us to a friend or colleague3
- 85% of graduates report they’re currently employed3
- Federal Student Aid and Armed Forces Tuition Assistance accepted
- Low tuition: among the 10 U.S. leading providers of online education, we are on average 42% lower for undergraduate and 33% lower for graduate students4
American Public University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (www.ncahlc.org, 312-263-0456), a regional institutional accreditor recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. View a copy of our 2011 Initial Accreditation letter.
In addition to institutional accreditation, APUS has obtained programmatic accreditation through appropriate governing organizations for specific academic programs. These specialized accreditations require a significant amount of self-study and presentation of evidence to satisfy the demanding requirements of each accrediting organization, and collectively demonstrate that APUS is focused on academic excellence and providing the best possible educational experience for its students. As a result, APUS has enhanced the curriculum for certain programs by implementing standards from an external accrediting organization for specific disciplines or fields of study.
School of Business Programs
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) has accredited the following programs in the School of Business:
- Accounting - Associate of Science
- Accounting - Bachelor of Science
- Accounting - Master of Science
- Business Administration - Associate of Arts
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Master's
- Hospitality - Associate of Arts
- Hospitality Management - Bachelor of Arts
- Management - Associate of Arts
- Management - Bachelor of Arts
- Management - Master of Arts
- Marketing - Bachelor of Arts
- Real Estate Studies - Associate of Arts
- Retail Management - Associate of Arts
- Retail Management - Bachelor of Arts
- Transportation and Logistics Management - Bachelor of Arts
- Transportation and Logistics Management - Master of Arts
School of Education, M.Ed. Teaching, M.Ed. Educational Leadership, M.Ed. School Counseling
For further information on accreditation, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 304-724-3778.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The baccalaureate program at American Public University System is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
1 - Source: American Public University System, Alumni Employer Survey, January 2006-December 2012.
2 - Source: National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), 2012.
3 - Source: American Public University System, Alumni Survey, January 2012- December 2012.
4 - Tuition figures based on lowest possible tuition rates for ten leading regionally accredited providers of online education. In-state tuition information provided by the College Board. Undergraduate tuition assumes 10 classes per year over 4 years, with bachelor’s degrees requiring between 120 and 124 semester hours (39-40 courses and 1-4 labs) depending on the program. Graduate tuition assumes 6 classes per year over 2 years with degrees ranging from 36 to 48 semester hours (12-15 courses) and require a comprehensive exam, a capstone project, or an integrative practicum.
Live Virtual Open House
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
American Military University is proud to present a University Open House where staff from various departments will discuss our student-first mission and the roles they play at the University.
- School of Arts and Humanities
- School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Public Service and Health
- School of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- School of Security and Global Studies
Program Completion Rates, Median Debt, and More
We want you to make an informed decision about the university that's right for you. For more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information - visit www.apus.edu/disclosure.