National Sheriffs' Association & American Military University Partnership
The National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA) and American Military University (AMU) have partnered to provide online educational options at the certificate, undergraduate, and graduate levels to help you better respond to today’s challenges.
The demands on law enforcement personnel have intensified. Evolving social circumstances, new threats of terrorism and national disasters have all contributed. Arm yourself with the most up-to-date knowledge of Weapons of Mass Destruction Preparedness and Homeland Security.
Get started by selecting a school below or completing a no-fee application.
We want you to make an informed decision about the university that's right for you. For more about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, visit www.apus.edu/disclosure.
Explore our Schools and Programs
By Degree Level:
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor's Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- Certificate Degrees
- Arts & Humanities
- Public Service & Health
- Science & Technology
- Security & Global Studies
About the National Sheriffs' Association
Chartered in 1940, the National Sheriffs' Association is a professional association dedicated to serving the Office of Sheriff and its affiliates through education, training, and information resources. NSA represents thousands of sheriffs, deputies and other law enforcement, public safety professionals, and concerned citizens nationwide.
The National Sheriffs' Association headquarters is located in Alexandria, Virginia and offers training, information, and other services to sheriffs, deputies, and others throughout the nation. NSA has worked to forge cooperative relationships with local, state, and federal criminal justice professionals across the nation to network and share information about programs and projects.
To learn more about NSA, visit: www.sheriffs.org.
Why Choose AMU?
Academic Quality meets Affordable Tuition
American Military University (AMU) provides quality and affordable online education to U.S. Armed Forces, members of the public safety, service and national security communities, and working adults in a wide range of fields. AMU closely partners with industry organizations and is highly respected by public service, intelligence, homeland security and criminal justice communities for developing curriculum that is relevant to today’s job market. AMU is a member of the regionally accredited American Public University System. Here’s why more than 100,000 students make us their school of choice.
- #1 most popular provider of education to the U.S. military*
- Admission fees are waived for active duty, guard and reserve members
- No application fees
- Textbooks are provided at no cost to all undergraduate students earning academic credit
- Active duty tuition assistance covers up to 100% of undergraduate tuition and up to 75% of graduate tuition for as many as six courses per year**
- Affordable tuition that is 20 percent less than the average four-year public university’s in-state rates according to the College Board’s 2010-2011 study
- Save time and money by transferring previous education and training credits
- Nationally recognized for quality online education and effective practices
- Experienced faculty; many who are executives in government and nonprofit organizations including the United Nations, State Department, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- 96% of AMU seniors say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education
- 97% of AMU seniors say they would recommend AMU to friends and colleagues
To get started, complete our no-fee application now.
*based upon 2011 DoD enrollment figures for U.S. servicemembers
**refer to your service's policy on tuition assistance eligibility and availability
Just what is online learning all about? Hear from our faculty and students about how AMU achieves academic excellence each day through online learning and take a tour of our virtual campus and classroom.