Awards and Recognition
As a university, we firmly believe in celebrating and recognizing our outstanding students, alumni, and faculty for their dedication to service, education, and their professional field. Five distinct awards recognize exceptional graduates and alumni members and are awarded on a yearly basis. Each award focuses on a specific type of achievement, as seen below. If you are interested in these awards, use the navigation on the left to review the award in more detail.
- The Distinguished Graduate Award
The Distinguished Graduate Award recognizes exceptional graduates who have set themselves apart by making significant contributions to our nation and/or their community. These are members who demonstrate a strong interest in supporting a lifetime of military or public service.
- The Alumni University Service Award
The Alumni University Service Award recognizes exceptional alumni who have rendered distinctive service to the university.
- The Alumni Community Service Award
The Alumni Community Service Award recognizes exceptional alumni who have rendered distinctive service to their community, or to society as a whole.
- The Alumni Education Award
The Alumni Education Award recognizes exceptional alumni whose excellence in higher education merits recognition and whose example has inspired others.
- The President's Award
The President’s Award recognizes a graduate, who has set themself apart from their classmates academically and has made significant contributions to their nation and/or their community. The award recognizes their commitment to service, scholastic achievement, outstanding character, and leadership.
Alumni Award Application Process
The application submission period for each award is as follows:
- Alumni Education Award: All alumni are eligible and completed applications must be received by December 1, 2013.
- Community Service Award: All alumni are eligible and completed applications must be received by December 1, 2013.
- Distinguished Graduate Award: All alumni are eligible and complete applications must be received by December 1, 2013.
- University Service Award: All alumni are eligible and completed applications must be received by December 1, 2013.
- President’s Award: Current Class of 2013 graduates are eligible to include graduates from the August 15, 2012; November 15, 2012; February 15, 2013 and May 15, 2013 conferrals. Completed applications must be received by April 1, 2013.
If you are interested in applying for one of these prestigious awards, please submit the self-nomination form. If you are a member of the university community and would like to nominate a fellow alumnus, please submit the nomination form allowing you to nominate someone else. We will notify those alumni who receive nominations and encourage them to complete the application.