Community College Graduate Transfer Information
If you are a community college graduate, you'll be applying for admission to one of our undergraduate programs.
The bachelor's degree program is open to community college graduates who possess an associate degree and others who possess a high school diploma or its equivalent. This minimum 120- to 124-credit-hour program is the standard "four-year" undergraduate degree desired by most employers and prepares students for graduate study. All students who enroll in the bachelor's degree program must enroll in COLL100 - Foundations of Online Learning as their first course.
Choosing Your Academic Program
Selecting the right degree plan is a key step in ensuring a smooth admissions process and a successful educational experience. Many students come to us unsure of which program to choose and where to begin. Our Admissions Representatives can help you make this important decision. To speak with an Admissions Representative, call 877-777-9081 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Tips for Successful Degree Selection
As you're browsing the degree program pages, keep these tips in mind:
- Associate and bachelor's level programs are both undergraduate degrees
- Though it seems logical to earn an associate degree first and then go on to the bachelor's degree, that may not always be the best choice
- Keep your end goal in mind and choose the degree that best matches your career goals; this may not be the one that nets you the most in transfer credit
- If you need help deciding on a major that could assist you in achieving your career goals, check out our career assessment tool, FOCUS-2 (use apus123 as the access code when creating an account). This assessment tool can help you discover what career fields match your interests, skills, and abilities, and suggests possible degrees that can prepare you for jobs in these areas.
- Once you've narrowed your options, talk with an Admissions Representative; he or she can assist you in getting a preliminary evaluation of your previous transcripts so you can make a more informed choice
Program to Program Transfer Agreement
Many community colleges have agreements with four year institutions to transfer successfully completed credit in order to complete a degree.
Select your community college from the list below to review the agreement.
Students are typically admitted upon completion of the online application and orientation. They may then register for their first course(s).
Other Transfer Credit for Community College Graduates
All students with American Council on Education (ACE)-evaluated military or professional experience and education that they need to have evaluated for credit should submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) form and supporting documentation. We will consider military or civilian training evaluated by the ACE as well as approved examinations, such as the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Process for Admission without Program to Program Agreement
- Choose the program of study that's right for you and review the admissions criteria. Now you're ready to apply for admission to our university.
- Complete and submit the online application for admission.
- Complete orientation. In orientation, you'll learn about AMU's academic and financial policies and your rights as a student.
- If you are a transfer student or have military or civilian training certificates for evaluation, submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) application along with a one-time fee of $50*. We will gladly request all official U.S. college transcripts on your behalf when we receive your signed Transcript Release Authorization form (TRA).
- Register for courses. Log into the myCampus and click on My Academic Plan or Register Now. Click on the course(s) you'd like to take first and follow the prompts to register. Undergraduates are required to take COLL100 as one of their first courses.
*TCE fee waived for all United States Active Duty Military, Guard, and Reserve personnel.
Mail Documents to the following address:
American Public University System
Attn: Document Services
10110 Battleview Parkway, Suite 114
Manassas, VA 20109