The undergraduate certificate in Homeland Security provides a broad comprehension of major national security threats including weapons of mass destruction, security vulnerabilities, intelligence, consequence management, and homeland defense. Experienced, skilled professionals are in needed to help organizations handle terrorist incidents and create proactive measures to protect public safety. Knowledge gained from this certificate program is useful to support your current career in public safety.
The curriculum for this online undergraduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Homeland security operations and policies
- Private sector homeland security business responsibilities
- Intelligence’s role in homeland security and its influence on policy
- Terrorism from psychological and behavioral perspectives
- Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear hazards
- Laws and regulations of weapons of mass destruction
- Border, coastal, and port security
This online certificate is designed for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of homeland security without committing to a degree program.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Identify the key challenges for the 21st century facing not only U.S. homeland security strategy, but also those of other major actors that might become peer competitors.
- Discriminate between valuable sources of information and those sources that are questionable.
- Differentiate between homeland security and homeland defense.
- Describe the national intelligence apparatus including FBI, CIA, and NSA.
- Assess proposals for improvement in the state of homeland security.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Undergraduate students with less than 9 transferable credit hours may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment to determine current math and writing skill levels.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.