National Security Studies
The graduate certificate in National Security Studies looks at national and international security policies, security and intelligence analysis, globalization’s impact on national security, and national security institutions. Graduates of the certificate can be found across the national and international security community as civilian and military policymakers, action-officers, analysts, instructors, and consultants. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of national security without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- National security institutions, issues, and capabilities
- National security policies, strategies, and security objectives
- International security and globalization
- Homeland security and defense
- Interagency operations
- Joint warfare theory, practice, planning, and implementation
- Cyber policy and practice
- Covert action and diplomacy
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Appraise classic and contemporary theories, strategies, doctrines, and procedures related to the causes, conduct, and termination of armed conflict and the maintenance of peace.
- Compare the structures, functions, capabilities, and activities of national and international security community members.
- Assess and predict traditional and non-traditional threats to national and international security.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.