Middle Eastern Studies
The online graduate certificate in Middle Eastern Studies provides a comprehensive understanding of Middle Eastern culture, religion, security issues, conflicts, and governance. Knowledge gained in this program is helpful if your career path brings you in contact with Middle Eastern people and cultures. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who wish to expand their knowledge of the Middle East without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today's marketplace. Course topics include:
- Forms of government and cultural differences and similarities
- Human nature and the diverse approaches of individual governments
- Middle Eastern politics, security concerns, and culture
- Politics and culture of Central Asia
- Central Asia, the war on international terrorism, and radical Islam
- Contemporary politics and diplomacy of the Arab-Israeli conflict
- Islam and the Islamic world
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Explain the role of religion in the political, economic, and cultural life of the area.
- Assess the security issues of the region.
- Evaluate the impact of the Arab-Israeli conflict on the region.
- Examine the impact of U.S. policy on the region.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.