The graduate certificate in Criminal Justice explores criminal behavior from biological, psychological, and sociological perspectives. Areas of the law related to procedural and substantive law, punishment philosophies, and constitutional issues are also examined. This online certificate program enhances the knowledge of current criminal justice professionals and is helpful preparation for most careers in the law enforcement field. This online certificate is intended for graduate students who want to expand their knowledge of criminal justice without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online program is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Criminal justice theories and their applications
- Police administration principles, policies, and issues
- Leadership skills and public accountability
- Criminal profiling, including its methods and ethics
- Crisis management and decision-making skills
- Criminal law and the criminal justice process
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Evaluate the functions of the criminal justice systems, including the organizational aspects as they relate to the interrelationships of the executive, judicial, and legislative branches.
- Assess the criminal behavior theories and distinguish between biological, psychological, and sociological approaches.
- Distinguish between criminal law and civil law, including the aspects of procedural law, substantive law, punishment philosophies, and constitutional issues.
- Evaluate the roles of the police, prosecution, courts, and corrections, including the functions and interrelationships.
- Determine the magnitude and application of legal issues regarding criminal profiling and its application in law enforcement.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.