Business Essentials for the Security Executive
The graduate certificate in Business Essentials for the Security Executive is a concentrated program that bridges an education and skills gap for security officers who are required to manage personnel, budgets, and operations, but who may lack a business background. This certificate helps prepare you for management and leadership roles within public safety organizations including police, fire, and emergency management, as well as within security divisions for corporations, government contractors, or federal agencies. This online certificate is useful for graduate students in the security fields who want to expand their business management skills without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Accounting principles, financial tools, and economic analysis
- Financial statement analysis and budgeting
- Decision-making models and tools
- Application and capabilities of Microsoft Office
- Contemporary leadership skills and competencies
- Cross-cultural management and global leadership
- Organizational behavior and inter-group relations
- Chief security officer fundamentals
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Synthesize information from multiple disciplines in order to solve business problems.
- Evaluate various economic indicators and how they depict the state of the economy.
- Justify the use of financial accounting information in making informed and ethical business decisions.
- Identify the types of data and appropriate methods that are specific to managerial decision making.
- Examine differences between leaders/managers and analyze perspectives that shape roles and align norms to maintain a healthy organization.
- Analyze the responsibilities of leaders through lenses of ethical and moral decision making, use of authority, power, and individual leadership style.
- Analyze the role of cross-cultural management.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.