The Bachelor of Science in Fire Science Management provides the principles, theory, and practices associated with leading-edge fire science and management issues associated with tactical fire operations, fire safety, firefighting leadership, and community fire issues, among others. This online bachelor’s degree offers you a comprehensive education in fire behavior, suppression methods, protection, safety, and prevention, along with an emphasis on emergency and disaster management and response. This degree program is taught by highly credentialed and experienced instructors, many who hold key positions in government agencies or public safety organizations. This program is accredited by the International Fire Service Accreditation Congress.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Analyze the current and historical strategies, practices, and policies that guide the modern field of fire science.
- Demonstrate the role of fire science personnel in leading, managing, and collaborating with colleagues, subordinates, constituents, and the community.
- Apply theory and practical methods to issues in fire science.
- Summarize the methods and resources needed to effectively manage fire services.
- Examine assessment and planning tactics to improve organization and community risk management for fire services.
- Describe strategies and methods to accomplish fire science operations.
- Differentiate the various practices involved in fire science, their fundamental scientific principles, and their associated mitigation and response strategies.
- Interpret the legal and regulatory duties and responsibilities that have an impact on the fire science field.