The graduate certificate in Athletic Administration provides you with the fundamental skills required to manage sports programs and facilities. The physical fitness and sports industries require knowledgeable, experienced leaders who are up to date with emerging health and fitness developments and capable of securing financial support for programs and facilities. This certificate helps to prepare you to seek a career as an intercollegiate athletic director, recreation director, or sport and fitness center owner.
The curriculum for this online graduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Collegiate sports management principles, techniques, and problem solving
- High school athletic administration and association management
- Sports event management and organization
- Social, environmental, and economic impacts of sporting events
- Designing and managing sport and recreation facilities
- Business skills needed to run a sports-oriented company
- Major legal issues of sports management and the sports industry
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- To compare and contrast various approaches to the administration of sports programs in a variety of sports settings.
- To recognize the various roles and functions of internal and external stakeholders in the administration and management of sports programs.
- All graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.
Per credit hour: $350 | $325 with military grant*
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
As an accredited university, we accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.