Bachelor of Science (BSN)
The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree is open to registered nurses who have earned an associate degree in nursing and have a current, active, and unencumbered license. The mission of the program is to provide quality, affordable, and accessible higher education to professional registered nurses by fostering lifelong learning through a spirit of inquiry in order to prepare students for service and leadership roles in a diverse and global society. This online program offers you a seamless transition from your associate degree to BSN degree, and provides a foundation for further graduate studies in nursing.
In the online RN to BSN program, you will work with credentialed and experientially qualified faculty to promote interprofessional collaboration and engagement. Online faculty-facilitated discussions and signature assignments provide you the opportunity to review and evaluate a variety of case studies and patient presentations.
The curriculum reflects current nursing best practices and the Institute of Medicine recommendations for nursing education, and is also reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- The registered nurse as a transformational leader and agent of change
- Principles of critical thinking and scholarly writing
- Advance science of nursing assessment, evaluation, and decision-making
- Nursing best practices, ethics, quality, and culture of safety
- Pathophysiology and clinical pharmacology for the professional registered nurse
- Evidence-based practice methods and implementation
- Healthcare technology and nursing informatics changes
- Healthcare needs of veterans and the veteran culture
- Community and population-based health
- Organizational and system leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Note: This bachelor’s degree program has specific admissions and jurisdiction licensing requirements. Please view the requirements below to be sure you qualify to apply for this program.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Improve performance in the professional nursing role by developing leadership, management, and communication skills to promote the health of individuals, families, and communities.
- Enhance collaboration with members of healthcare teams to achieve effective and efficient coordination of patient-centered care.
- Utilize evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and leadership principles to promote a culture of safety and achieve outcomes that are grounded in institutional values and professional ethics.
- Apply informatics and healthcare technologies to access critical information, to collaborate with other professionals, and to facilitate optimal patient-centered care.
- Apply scientific principles and the nursing process to evaluate responses to therapies and changes in patient health status.
- Integrate knowledge of human and organizational behavior to lead teams and to promote cultures of safety.
- Analyze the impact of financial, regulatory, and political decisions on local, national and global health outcomes.
- Synthesize knowledge of ethical, socioeconomic, and cultural factors to decrease health disparities and advocate for diverse populations.
- Employ a spirit of inquiry to embrace the value of lifelong learning and to participate in professional activities that promote and shape the future of nursing.
This R.N. to B.S. in Nursing program is currently not open for admission to Washington state residents.
To apply to this program, you must hold the following:
- Associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing
- Current, active and unencumbered U.S. Registered Nursing (RN) license
An admissions representative will contact you via email or phone to assist you with the enrollment process, review your nursing license and documentation, and to notify you when you have been admitted into the program and may register for courses.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or email@example.com.