All AMU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
In addition, the following documentation is required for admission into any of the Educational Leadership program concentrations, and must be provided prior to course registration:
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU)
- Documentation of 3 years teaching experience or 3 years managerial experience in an instructional setting
Please be prepared to submit a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (civilian students) or government issued JST or CCAF transcript (military students) upon request.
An AMU admissions representative will contact you with further details about how to submit the required documentation including your transcript after you complete the enrollment application.
- This program is not designed to lead to certification or licensure.
- As of November 1, 2014, a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required for admission into this program.
- You are required to take EDUC509 as the first course in this degree program, but other courses may be taken in conjunction with EDUC509.
- You must be physically located in proximity to a school district where the right to conduct on-site observations is approved.
- Background check requirements and fees for on-site observations might be required and are your responsibility.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an AMU admissions representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.