Meeting and Event Planning
The undergraduate certificate in Meeting and Event Planning is a concentrated overview of the multi-million dollar conference, exposition, and convention business. This online program brings you real-world experiences in planning, selling, and servicing meetings and conventions, with a focus on travel and tourism management.
This online certificate is intended for undergraduate students who want to expand their knowledge of meeting and event planning without committing to a degree program.
The curriculum for this online undergraduate certificate is reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Course topics include:
- Introduction to hospitality management, travel, and tourism
- Employment opportunities and trends
- Meeting, exposition, and convention planning
- Professionalism, customer service, and sustainability
- Convention planning, marketing, sales, and service
- Local and international business travel
- Marketing techniques for hospitality services
- Destination travel and cultural environments
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Apply the steps involved in planning meetings and special events.
- Evaluate the administration and logistics of a given event scenario.
- Explain the environmental concerns involved in managing an event.
- Analyze elements of a client culture affecting meeting and event planning.
- All undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED).
- New undergraduate students may be asked to complete our College Readiness Assessment (ADMN100). If you have successfully completed 9 or more hours of college credit, you may reach out to your admission representative to inquire about waiving this requirement.
- If you have previous college experience, you will be asked to submit your transcripts from previous schools where you earned academic credit.
- There is no fee to complete our admission application. View steps to apply.
Selecting the right program to meet your educational goals is a key step in ensuring a successful outcome. If you are unsure of which program to choose, or need more information, please contact an admission representative at 877-777-9081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military-Affiliated Students* = $250/credit hour
All Other Students = $270/credit hour
*To help minimize out-of-pocket costs, we offer a tuition grant for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans that caps undergraduate tuition at the military TA limit. See all military-affiliated student benefits.
Paying for School
Because our university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), (the same as the Ohio State University, Univ. of Chicago, and U.S. Air Force Academy, to name a few), we can accept the following forms of financial aid and payments:
Ways to Save
Undergraduate Book Grant
Ebooks are provided at no cost if you are enrolled in undergraduate courses for credit. The undergraduate book grant is estimated to save $250 per academic semester if you are registered as a full-time student.
Accelerate your degree completion by taking full advantage of our transfer credit options, including credit for your previous college courses, military service schools, American Council on Education (ACE) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests, and prior learning experiences.
The university has educational partnerships with many employers and associations. Be sure to accurately enter your employer information when you complete our admissions application. Your employer might also offer a tuition reimbursement plan as one of your benefits.