In addition to the institutional and degree level learning outcomes objectives, this degree also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of sports management, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
- Apply management theory and managerial leadership concepts to contemporary sports industry practices.
- Analyze and apply relevant business, legal, and ethical issues such as models of ethical analysis, codes of professional ethics, and situational analysis to the sports industry and enterprise.
- Integrate economic decision making and advanced finance theory and concepts to sports and sports-related enterprises as it relates to sports in contemporary society.
- Implement concepts and theories of marketing to sports-related enterprises to include internal and external sources of marketing information, marketing theory, industry segmentation, marketing mix, sport sponsorship, licensing, venue and event marketing, and image enhancement.
- Examine ethical and legal concepts in a sport context relative to governance, gender equity, and managerial leadership and decision making within an athletic department or organization.