Students who successfully complete the Associate of Science in Accounting will achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the general role of accounting in business in relation to its use by managers, investors, businesses, and regulatory agencies.
- List Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and recall how GAAP is established.
- Utilize the steps in the accounting cycle to prepare financial statements from raw financial data.
- Complete accounting analyses and explain how this information is used to assist in making managerial decisions and controlling the financial aspects of business operations.
- Recognize the ethical framework for accountants adopted by professional accounting organizations, such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Discuss basic business and economic terms and concepts.
- Employ office productivity applications to create business and accounting related reports and presentations.