Graduate Certificate in K-12 Online Teaching Endorsement
- Use the knowledge of major concepts, theories, and research related to online learning and course development to design and construct online coursework.
- Demonstrate and use knowledge of online learning instructional formats to assess both the formats and their impact on student achievement.
- Evaluate and synthesize K-12 personalization best practices and their potential effect on learning. Examples include differentiated instruction, Response to Intervention (RTI), etc. Incorporate assessment instruments to help customize and personalize instruction; examples include Rosenberg’s Self-Esteem Scale, Success Predictor, Personal Growth Initiative Scale, Emotional Intelligence Quotient, etc.
- Develop the ability to evaluate instructional technology and its value with regard to the improvement of student achievement including the application of SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) goals.
- Exhibit problem solving skills and the ability to analyze and respond to emerging trends and issues in education especially as they relate to technology instruction.
- Develop the depth of understanding required to discern student learning styles, whole child needs and their effect on online instruction required to effectively individualize or personalize online instruction for each student.
- Develop, identify, and evaluate the legal and ethical tests for fair use of copyrighted materials on the internet as well as development of ethical frameworks for use of computers and learning objects in educational settings.
- Successful integration of technology best practices into daily instruction in traditional classroom settings.