In addition to the institutional and general education level learning objectives, the Associate of Arts in Counter-Terrorism Studies also seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates. With reference to each of the respective areas of counter terrorism, graduates in this degree program will be able to:
- Explore the theory and history of terrorism and political violence.
- Identify different domestic and international terrorist groups, their leadership, and their tactics.
- Recognize the motivations of terrorist leaders and their followers.
- Determine the evolving nature of domestic and international terrorism.
- Define government agencies involved in combating terrorism and in ensuring homeland security.
- Describe countermeasures available to U.S. agencies fighting terrorism.