You're on the frontline every day. Our educators are too.
Helping you reach your goals is our shared priority.
Whether you are currently a law enforcement executive or on a command leadership track, AMU offers quality, relevant academic programs to help meet your own professional development as well as departmental training goals. Our online certificate programs in law enforcement leadership were uniquely designed to help prepare chiefs of police and command personnel for leadership roles through courses in organizational behavior and management, leadership, strategic planning, conflict resolution, grant writing, budget development, and more. And our flagship criminal justice programs rank as some of our most popular degree offerings and are at the foundation of our security and global studies programs.
Our degrees are designed for students who want to study and continue building their career. Our faculty maintains both high academic excellence as well as first-hand experience as practitioners in their respective fields, providing you with real-world perspective. Select one of our law-enforcement programs from the table for more details.
- Business Administration: BBA, MBA
- Criminal Justice: B.A., B.S., M.A., Certificate
- Cybercrime Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Executive Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Homeland Security: B.A., M.A., Certificate
- Intelligence Studies: B.A., M.A.
- Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Emergency & Disaster Management: B.A., M.A., Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Emergency & Disaster Management and Homeland Security: Dual Master's Degree
Find an additional program.
The strength of our program relies on established partnerships with law enforcement organizations and agencies around the nation. These partnerships ensure our courses deliver relevant and current information to prepare graduates for leadership positions.
- Alaska Association of Chiefs of Police
- American Correctional Association
- American Jail Association
- Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police
- California Police Chiefs Association
- DHS Customs and Border Protection-ATC
- FBI INLETS
- FBI LEEDA
- FBI National Academy
- Grand Lodge Fraternal Order of Police
- IACP Committee on Joint Military-Civilian Law Enforcement Cooperation
- New York State Association of Chiefs of Police
- North Carolina Police Chiefs Association
- Oregon Association of Chiefs of Police
- Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association
Partners with links have additional transfer credit details.
Watch and Learn More
Reaching Your Goals Through Education
Visit our In Public Safety blog for expert perspectives from faculty, staff, and students.
Request complimentary visor cards. These provide a great reference to help public safety professionals make the right decisions.
Visit our online library to get the latest research on the topic of combating human trafficking. Developed by AMU in conjunction with the FBI National Academy Associates.
Jennifer Lawson leads the Strategic Relations Admissions Team whose members are here to answer all educational partnership questions.
For more information, contact a member of our law enforcement team, a group of professionals with decades of collective, hands-on experience in police work, criminal justice, national security, and corrections.
Tim Hardiman serves as the Director of our Law Enforcement Strategic Relationships Team.
Law Enforcement Team
- Dave Malone, Manager
- Dennis Porter, Senior Education Coordinator, Western Region
- John Currie, Education Coordinator, Southern Region
- James Deater, Education Coordinator, Atlantic Region
- Debbie Setzer, Education Coordinator, Special Projects
- Rob Stallworth, Education Coordinator, Corrections/Gang Investigations