Alaska Association Chiefs of Police and AMU support success through education.
Helping you reach your goals is our shared priority.
Alaska Association Chiefs of Police (AACOP) and American Military University (AMU) are partnering together to provide educational opportunities to Alaska’s law enforcement community through in-service training solutions and online learning.
AMU provides you with an affordable, career-relevant education that helps meet your professional development goals.
- 5% tuition grant.
- Book grant: textbooks and/or ebooks are provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit.
Note: Grants cannot be applied retroactively.
- Business Administration: BBA, MBA
- Criminal Justice: B.A., B.S., M.A., Certificate
- Cybercrime Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Executive Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Homeland Security: B.A., M.A., Certificate
- Intelligence Studies: B.A., M.A.
- Law Enforcement Leadership: Certificate
- Emergency & Disaster Management: B.A., M.A., Certificate: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Emergency & Disaster Management and Homeland Security: Dual Master's Degree
How to Qualify for Benefits
Future students: Select Alaska Association Chiefs of Police as your membership or affiliation when you complete our admissions application.
Current students: Confirm that the Alaska Association Chiefs of Police is listed under the Membership/Association category in your university records. Learn how.IT'S EASY TO APPLY. GET STARTED NOW.
Tuition Per Credit (with partner benefits)
- Undergraduate: $256.50
- Graduate: $332.50
- *Military Undergraduate: $250
- *Military Graduate: $325
*We offer our military-affiliated students a tuition grant that caps undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (military TA limit) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour. This grant is for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
Jennifer Lawson leads the Strategic Relations Admissions Team whose members are here to answer all educational partnership questions.
For more information, contact a member of our law enforcement team, a group of professionals with decades of collective, hands-on experience in police work, criminal justice, national security, and corrections.
James Deater serves as the Education Coordinator, Atlantic Region on our Law Enforcement Strategic Relationships Team.
Law Enforcement Team
- Tim Hardiman, Director
- Dave Malone, Manager
- Dennis Porter, Senior Education Coordinator, Western Region
- John Currie, Education Coordinator, Southern Region
- Debbie Setzer, Education Coordinator, Special Projects
- Rob Stallworth, Education Coordinator, Corrections/Gang Investigations
Visit our In Public Safety blog for expert perspectives from faculty, staff, and students.
Request complimentary visor cards. These provide a great reference to help public safety professionals make the right decisions.
Visit our online library to get the latest research on the topic of combating human trafficking. Developed by AMU in conjunction with the FBI National Academy Associates.
Watch and Learn More
Flexible Online Education